Fun Facts About Bernie Leadon
Some completely random pieces of trivia
- Although the Eagles were founded by Glenn Frey, Bernie was the one who did the final pitch to David Geffen. He said to Geffen, "OK, here we are. Do you want us or don't you?"
- Bernie left and rejoined the Eagles twice before leaving for good in 1975.
- Bernie didn't like the fact that the Eagles took limos everywhere. He said it was like "thumbing your nose at your audience."
- Around 1974-1975, Bernie was in a relationship with Patti Davis, daughter of the late President Ronald Reagan (who was governor of California at the time). They wrote I Wish You Peace together.
- Bernie wrote "My Man" about his late bandmate Gram Parsons.
- Legend has it that Bernie's last act as an Eagle was to pour a bottle of beer over Glenn Frey's head.
- "Journey of the Sorcerer" was used as the theme song for the "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" radio, TV show, and movie.
- Leadon's group Run C&W was a spoof group which derived its name from a playful twist on Run DMC. Leadon and his fellow band members took on the personas of a hillbilly family called "The Burns Brothers" and played music of other genres in bluegrass style for comic effect.
- Bernie is into surfing.